Saturday, April 12, 2008

Halstead Antiques at Round Top


The first show of the year just wrapped up at Round Top and Marburger Farms in Texas last weekend. I still haven't found the time to make the trip down to Texas to see this extraordinary antique flea market show. Every year Liz and I start dreaming about it in Feb then March rolls around and by the time that we'd have to make the decision to go, the hotels are booked plus we'd have to drive. We would of course be buying fabulous things and no airline would allow us to carry on the items I'd have to have.




So we live vicariously through our friend Carol Halstead. Carol owns Halstead Antiques and works with a partner, Betty Johnson who owns Applejack Antiques. Both in Texas, they are exclusive to the Round Top shows. Carol's passion is toward the architectural, garden with some country, sconces and some art and Betty goes more for the "dressy." "It makes for a nice mix and I think that's one of the draws to our booth plus we offer reasonable prices." Carol's interest in antiques started when she was a teenager and she's collected various things and visited antique shops since that time--accumulating way too much, she decided to start selling. Betty has been in the business for over 20 years.
"I truly love buying and hunting for our treasures and it is a lot of fun meeting our customers and visiting with them." "It feels really good when you find a treasure to pass on to someone who also loves it." Carol sent us photos of her booth at Round Top. They inspire us and I hope they do you too. Visit Carol and Betty at booths 323 & 324 at the next show this fall.











































































































































1 comment:

time worn interiors said...

You girls should make plans now to come to the fall show in Rd. Top, it is amazing and you won't be sorry! Carols booth it great! I set up at Marburger as well. The dealers at Marburger go out of their way to bring their best junk to Marburger. I say junk, because I hate the word anituqes, it doesn't always describe what we sell. If you guys come in the fall look me up and intoduce yourslef to me, I'm in tent H, booth 14-Time Worn Interiors.
Theresa