Saturday, January 19, 2008

Got Peanuts?

We're always trying to do our best to reduce materials in our landfils and curb consumption of non-biodegradable items.

Recently I was in Hawaii visiting family and doing some research on how they handle trash locally. It got me thinking about how we here at Island Girl Salvage can do a better job as well. One area of interest is packing materials. In Hawaii there are organizations that receive used packing materials from residents and then these materials such as boxes and peanuts are made available to businesses to use for shipping their products. It's a win, win for the environment because these items stay out of the landfils and the local businesses because packing materials are quite expensive. If everyone recycled their unwanted packing materials we could keep some of the handling costs down.

When I returned home to Chicago I started looking around here for the same kind of setup. Unfortunately, I can't find any. That's where all of you come in. We'd like to receive your unwanted packing boxes, peanuts and bubble wrap. In return we will eliminate packing and handling fees on any item that we are able to reuse the received packing materials.

You can rest easy knowing that we are all doing our part to save the environment.

Thanks,

Tab

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll start saving NOW! You gals are welcome to all my boxes (I actually get some kind of good ones!), and other packing materials... Great idea!