Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Sappy Thanksgiving

Growing up we spent every Thanksgiving at my Aunts house in New Jersey. It has given me some of the greatest memories of family and food and I don't know that it will ever be topped. My Aunt is an amazing cook, this is the stuff to rival Martha. The smells the the flavors the cousins, the laughter, eating too much. A table that looked like a scene from from a feel good holiday movie. Well worth the sometimes nightmarish traffic getting from Long Island to thier house. Years go by and the children have children and some of us move away. We no longer spend Thanksgiving in New Jersey, but it is still my favorite holiday. Every place I have lived I found amazing friends and extended my family to continue to make it really spectacular. There is one item that has always been present a silly little cake. Ask anyone of my brothers or sister what they love the most on Thanksgiving and the answer is the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin cake. (currently baking right now.) It is my contribution to today's dinner bringing a little bit of my family memories to the table.

No comments: