Saturday, August 25, 2007

Storm Stories

If you are not in the Chicago area, we had some crazy storms the other day. Horror movie lightning, jump out of your skin thunder. Tornado sirens going off. It came up so quickly, one minute it started to rain and the next the trees were bending almost to the ground the rain was horizontal, then out went the lights. Never seen aything like that before. I will admit I was shakin', all of us moving far away from the windows as possible. I am clicking off things in my head, like get under a table, stand in a door way, no no that's an earthquake. Possible tornado go the basement, we don't have a basement, we have bathtubs. Repeat new mantra, "please let the roof stay on, please let the roof stay on."

So the worst passed. There were branches from trees that we have no idea where they came from. I just hope the sunglasses that we found in the driveway weren't on someone's face when they flew away. We had some branches and debris in our area but considering the damage in other parts of the area were were very lucky. Still without power though. I am writing this post from home. We took pictures, I remembered the camera, I remembered the extra batteries and charger for it, but oh yeah, where is my USB cable, AT THE STORE argghhh. So pics will have to wait.

No comments: