Saturday, August 11, 2007

"If only I'd thought about it" Clawfoot Tub

Yesterday was a funny kind of day. Check out the last post and you will see that we got a lot of terra cotta. We worked all afternoon bringing it in. We weren't expecting it so you will also notice that Tab is not wearing proper footwear for this kind of thing. Anyway I remembered recently seeing a sneaker in the back of cab of the truck and went to go them for her. Well what I found was one sneaker and one sock. To which Tab said "That seems about right for you". All that got me thinking about some of the less than stellar moments and I guess it is time to face up and share some of the 'well that wasn't too bright" I have been reluctant to do so since most of them belong to me.

Anyway here goes. We had gotten this fantastic 4 1/2 foot clawfoot tub in great condition. We went to pick it up with my pick-up truck, promptly put in the bed and drove away, happy with our lovely new find. I got a 30 feet and stopped for a stop sign, the next thing I know I am covered in glass and the tub is practically in the passenger seat. Nothing was hurt but the window and my forehead from smacking it "stupid, stupid, stupid" The window has since been replaced and we learned our lesson. Always put the flat side of the tub in first.

Liz

No comments: